Monday, March 5, 2012

Memories

It's funny how we can go through our day when simple things slip our minds but step outside or another place and a simple smell or see something will bring back a long ago memory.

I was shopping as I always do every two weeks and going up and down the same aisles without even thinking and I walked into the fruit and vegetable area and as I was walking toward the bananas I saw an elderly woman nicely dressed with a coat on and a broach on her lapel when I saw her put the bananas she had chosen in a plastic bag.  This would not be something I would pay attention to but that day I did because it reminded me of a woman that was part of my life.  I used to love to watch her shop as she picked vegetables and fruit with care.  She would look for the best boiling onions and garlic to make sure they were not soft.  I have learned so much from her while I was growing up during the early part of our marriage.  I was 18 and her son my husband was 21, I so thankful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment