September 16, 2016
For a while now I have had the feeling that something in the air was changing, Driving
on the back roads of Soulsbyville, I had the sense of change in the day. The early mornings
I could smell the dampness in the air as if it had rained but the drops of rain had not landed
on the ground. I love that smell, it brings back so many warm memories of times
long ago while visiting my grandmother who loved in the country where there were
farms and life was slow.
Even though it's only September a month of celebrating for us because of birthdays which
I love to do, I also know that Fall is near and how I love that time of year. The first thing
I think of are PUMPKINS which I saw yesterday at the grocery store, I felt like a child
again excited to see pumpkins which meant soon we would carve scary faces into them.
Now when I see pumpkins I think of pies which I love to make, the smell of cinnamon
and the falling of the leaves..... I just love it.
This is the time of year that I make Christmas ornaments for each of my sons, daughter in-laws,
and grandchildren.... a few think I have too many for my eight foot tree but I don't. I'm so
looking forward to traditions, smells of the seasons, decorations, and memories. This
year will be extra special because I will have my mother here who is living with us.
It's been many years since she has celebrated Christmas, I look forward to sharing lots of memories
she has of her childhood of Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment