Memories, we all have so many of them, they help get through tough situations, when we find ourselves not knowing which way to go, so we pull from those who have meant the most to us. We remember their words or a smile, Memories, they are a big part of our lives.
The four day week has been a very long one but now it's Saturday morning and I feel so renewed. Sitting on our deck watching the sun slowly move threw the trees, listening to the birds sing as they chase each other from branch to branch. Such a peaceful time to think gently about Memories.
Thursday brought back memories of my four sons on their graduation day. As Paul and I sat on the cement seats of the high school football field, I looked across, as Paul and I had never been here before I saw that the school colors were the same ( green and gold ) our sons school colors. I thought as we waited for the grads to walk out onto the field I rememberes how I had with excitment looked for my sons in the long line of young adults making their way to the chairs. I couldn't believe it when I saw them, they made it through high school. My grandson's mother was sitting next to me and I knew how she felt but I learned from a long time ago, not to say those words, this was her day and what a wonderful day it was.
No comments:
Post a Comment