Memories......
I know we all have memories of those we love and from those who are closest to us.... They come frome places we have been and simple fragrence, the smell of freshly mowed grass or the passing of fields.
My memories come from my mother, grandparents, aunts and uncles. My grandmother Lena Fernandez, of which I am proud to carry the Fernandez. When I listen to Hawiian music, I can't help but smile. Memories fill my mind of hula dancing and castanets clicking, although I remember thinking...what are those made from, still don't have that answer. My uncle Benny and Auntie Glory, they lived right behind my grandmother with a gate in the middle of the fence which made visiting easy for all of us. My uncle Benny was retired Navy, who cooked for the Admiral. Boy could he cook, born in the Filipinino Islands and growing up in the states made me happy especially because he married my aunt Glory. Watching him cook looked so easy and it was good. Pancit was one of my favorite dishes, one day I will learn to make it.... yes, memories of family, food, music, danicing and laughter those are the one of the best.
Memories of my mother was also about music and laughter but also this is where my crafting started. My mother from a little girl could draw, in her teenage years she drew hummmm, pretty ladies with not so many cloths on but she did it tastfully and the boys like it, this is how she made money for lunch, time where very hard back then. I'm proud to say she is an artist, although the ladies now wear clothes. I could never draw or paint like her but I discovered one day after she gave me a cloth and thread with a needle I could cross stich. It wasn't until later after I married that I started stiching again. My mother taught me to knit, crochet and sew, all of which she did along with rasing four children and cooking on the weekends for family who came to visit.
Knitting and crocheting and just crafting makes me feel good like eating comfort food which I like to do also. But I can't craft without thinking of how I found my love to do all the things I create without remembering my mother.
Remember to count your Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment