Sunday, June 23, 2013

Memories

WOW, it sure has been a long time since my last post, I need to get back to BLOGGING.
Some may feel that my life is only of the past but in today's world reflecting to what once was brings some peace when I need it so I can face the world the next day.
My husband and I have four sons whom we treasure with all our hearts and they have made us very proud of what they have accomplished in their short lives,  Now we are preparing for our last son's wedding in a couple of months,  I have be reflecting back to our wedding day and how we fell in love.

a while back a friend gave me a beautiful frame, it looked like it was made of stone but it was the words written on it that brought back the memories of how we met.  The frame reads "All because two people fell in Love".  When I read those words it brought me back to two important times in my life.  The day we met and the day we married.  I believe that God has plans for us and for reason we may not understand.  I was 17 and had been through a few bad relationships in high school.  There was always one thing I knew about myself is that I wanted to marry and have a family.  One day while walking home from church after confession, I asked God to send me someone who would love me, take care of me.  Little did I know that at that time the man I would marry was getting ready to leave the Army.  A high school friend of mine was working nights as a gas station, I would help him with his English homework since he was so tired during the day after working long hours at night at the station.
Paul was home for good and found a part time job at the same gas estation as my friend and I guess he started trying to get Paul to go on a blind date which Paul said he wasn't ready for and had never been on one.  After a few months Paul agreed.  My friend during class had passed a note to me asking if I had ever been on a blind date, just the sound of those words scared me but I agreed to go on one,
He tried to tell me a little bit about Paul but only knew he was out of the Army, Italian and lived in a town not far from me.  We set up the date for a Friday, I really wasn't interested so I stayed in my clothes I had worn to school that day which at that time girls could only wear shirts or dresses to school.  My mother insisted I change but I told her it would be fine.  Well finally Paul arrived in this brand new Camero and he was looking good,  All at once I wanted to change my cloths and comb my hair but he was almost at the front door.  He knocked and my step-dad answered and said Pat there is someone her for you, (as if I didn't know that).  I went to the door and there he was and the rest is as they say History.  Two weeks later he gave me his class ring, a month later he asked me to marry him, nine months after we met we were married.
Now our last of four sons is getting married and this one is going to be hard.  I have never spoke in congratulating at the other sons wedding but this one I feel I need to.  They all are my babies and will forever be.  We have been very blessed that each of our sons have chosen a wife that is perfect for them as they each support and love each other.  We have seven grandchildren and it's all because two people fell in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment