Memories
Up at 3:15 this morning, a little to early but I love this time**** a nice hot cup of coffee and a crochet project and a movie**** perfect. It's also a time to watch the day awake as I watch the shadows of the top of the hill and trees are out lined with the beginning of the sun.
It seems at a certain time of the morning everything is so colorful and clear, the birds are looking for breakfast, the morning strings of webs stringing from one branch to another gleam in the sun. It's another day to create memories and connect them with long ago memories.
Our son and his beautiful wife came to visit us yesterday, they have a wedding to attend this morning and hubby and I get to play with our grandson, it looks like a train ride is in order which I know he will enjoy.
Last night we all went to dinner and stopped to visit my mother. I couldn't wait for her to meet our new daughter in-law and grandson. I thought it is amazing that my mother is here to be a great-grandmother and it was so nice to watch her met Landon for the first time. I took pictures to make time stand still but it still keeps moving.
Mom was excited to meeting Jen knowing she too is an artist in her own way. Jen was amazed at the tole painted stool mom had done many years ago, I'm sure mom will let her have the tole books she has.
I remember the pictures of my grandfather holding me as I watched poppa hold Landon.
It's so funny but we may be in a different century now but pictures always show who things and people do the something as was done many years earlier, just a different year and different people.
When I was a young child being around my grandparents and feeling how much they loved me has been with me all my life which is why it's so important for my grandchildren to feel how much they are loved by Paul and I. I pray that when they become adults and marry and have families they will reflect on how we took pictures of them with us and how much they were and still are loved.
Moving from the Bay Area to the Foothills of Sonora is just another memory we leave for our children and their children. The peace of the early morning sun, the birds playing, the Humming birds chasing each other......God's country
No comments:
Post a Comment